The Schedule for the week of May 28th is as follows:
Tuesday—Review for all classes
Friday-- 7th –Final
Conference times: Monday/Tuesday/Friday 12:22pm-1:09pm
The following are textbook pages that correspond with what we have been working on in class:
Circumference of circles--Vol. 2, pages 343-350
Area of circles--Vol 2, pages 617-626
Probability -- Vol. 1, beginning on page 359
Proportionate vs. Non-proportionate--Vol. 1, pages 147-153
Proportional Relationships--Vol. 1, pages 159-174
Constant of proportionality--Vol. 1, pages 195-202
Sales/Income Tax--Vol. 2 Pg. 787-790
Simple/Compound Interest--Vol. 2 Pg. 799-802
Monetary Incentives--Vol. 2 Pg. 803-806
Solving 2-step equations--Vol. 2, pages 529-540
Link for video https://youtu.be/LDIiYKYvvdA
Solving 2-step inequalities--Vol. 2, pages 565-576
Geometry concepts--Vol. 2, pages 583-616
These pages have examples that will step you through problems and additional problems that can be worked out. Selected answers are in the back of the textbook in that pages that have green border.
The math department's policy on late work is as follows: One day late--minus 15 points, two days late--minus 30 points and three days late--minus 50 points, 4 days late--a zero will be given. No work will be taken once it is over 4 days late (not counting absences).
Test corrections must also be completed within one week of test being handed back and requires the student to attend at lease one tutoring session, have failing test signed and completed review.
The reason we require tutoring is it is an opportunity to reteach the material and correct any misconceptions. There is at least one math teacher that has tutoring every day of the week from 3:00 - 3:30. Any of these teacher's can assist students. The schedule and room numbers are posted outside my door. I have tutoring every Thursday morning and Mrs. Nelsen (the other 7th grade math teacher) has tutoring every Thursday.
Math Department Tutoring Schedule, 3:00--3:30pm
*Students must have prearranged transportation home*
Logging into It’s Learning
1. Go to Huffman ISD home page (huffmanisd.net)
2. At the top are three tabs (students, parents, staff). Click on the students tab.
3. Log in using your computer long in information (last name then initials of first and middle name, password lunch number).
4. Click on the It’s Learning tile (it is orange and white).
5. If it does not populate your log in information, log in just like you did before.
6. At the top of the page, click on the Courses drop down menu, then click on math.
7. Click on Recourses.
8. Choose the Unit we are currently working on.
9. Click on the assignment, the date is was assigned will be in the title. The link for the video and also the electronic file for the notes are there if needed.